Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Picture Lock and the Santa Barbara International Film Festival

Today was the monumental day for my first feature film, Night Before the Wedding. After several hours of polishing various scenes, I turned to my editor and nonchalantly let him know that we were done or I should more appropriately say 'Picture-Locked.' That means no more picture editing. It is now onto Sound Design, Color Correction and Music.

Although it was a low key moment. I am feeling great. I know my film is not perfect. After all the countless hours I have spent on it, I am fully aware of each and every flaw. Yet I can also take satisfaction in knowing that I have made it into the best film that it can be. It is easily my best work and something I am quite proud of. Now I know there will be plenty of people who hate it, but at the same time, there are going to be just as many people who love it.

My current goal is to wrap production on it and have the film completed in February. Just in time to submit it to the Los Angeles Film Festival. Speaking of Film Festivals, I am heading up to Santa Barbara tomorrow to see Ink, which is Independent Filmmaker Jamin Winan's second feature. It has it's World Premiere at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. This is something I have been looking forward to for the last month. For those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend you read over this interview I conducted with Jamin a couple of weeks ago. Film Synergy Interview with 'Ink' Filmmaker Jamin Winans. There have been quite a few of you who have been anticipating my thoughts on Ink. I look forward to sharing them with you upon my return.

For those of you who want to stay updated on Night Before the Wedding, please 'Become a Fan' on our Facebook Fan Page which we have just started. NBTW Facebook Fan Page And if you are really courageous, maybe you will be the first or one of the first to become a 'Follower' of this blog off to the right.

No comments: