Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Morning Mayhem and Fox Television

It is a wet, rainy, gloomy day here in the Greater Los Angeles area. We are spoiled with such beautiful weather here, that when it rains for several days straight it gets a little depressing.

Though the other day Karen and I went for a walk in the rain. A few days later, my hooded sweatshirt would probably still be wet if I didn't run it through the wash. We walked around the mini rivers running down the hills where we live. I had droplets of fresh rain falling off my face. Our shoes were completely soaked. We were almost the victims of a car drive-by. You know, when there is a build-up of water on the street, and a car zooms through sending the water into the air. Well whoever was driving that car certainly wasn't shy with their intentions. It was a refreshing and invigorating walk.

I wanted to touch on a few things this morning before I get back to work. First, let me give a shout out to Brian and Carl who have signed on as 'Followers.' It is my hope that not only do I learn and grow from this blog but that others will gain from it as well. I am grateful to those who follow me on this journey.


I had mentioned previously that a video I had worked on appeared on Fox Television. Indeed, the footage that my good friends Daniel Sol and Frantz Durand videotaped and I edited turned into an internet hit and now years later has appeared on network television. Though this television version is recut and given play-by-play by a voice-over personality. Religious Freaks Gone Wild is being seen via Whacked Out Videos which is syndicated through Fox Television.

It was quite a thrill to get a phone call from Dan telling me to turn the television onto Fox. Literally the moment I turned the TV on, there was his face rolling around in bed. The recut version is just as funny as the one that is online. I don't have access to that version but if you haven't seen the original and you are curious...



The latest on where my first feature film stands is this. It is picture-locked. My sound-designer, colorist, and music composer are all now working on those aspects of the film. Once they all complete their work, the film will be complete. So still not quite there yet, but have never been closer.

In the meantime, I spent some time yesterday logging videotapes and came across at least one tape that I have the ability to edit (need an update on my computer and editing software). So I am now editing together a quick 'Behind the Scenes' video of Night Before the Wedding. Basically we had a small video recorder on set and I told the whole cast and crew they are welcome to pick up the camera and film whatever they want. I will post it here for you when it is completed.

Moments from now I will be posting an ad on Craigslist for a new Website Designer. Our official website is long overdue for a make-over. Finding a new Designer is one of my current priorities. I am also looking to find an Editor(s) who can help me edit other Featurettes that I don't have the ability to edit currently. I hate to admit it, but I am looking for volunteers on both fronts. Looking to arrange more of a barter agreement.

On tap for tomorrow, I will be helping a close friend shoot his first Short Film. He is set to produce and direct it. I am going to act as cinematographer. It is a funny and clever idea. I am looking forward to it. I really hope the weather clears up so we can have our entire shoot. Wish us luck.

No comments: