Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Power of Attraction

In my previous blog, I asked, "Can your life change in one night?"

And exactly one night later, a great change has occurred in my life that has me charged. After months and months of 'wanting' a web designer to come in and revamp www.nightbeforethewedding.com, I made it my top priority.

I had to step up my efforts, get more aggressive, and get the word out. And of course, nothing happened. Well, that's not totally true, but I still had no web designer. Then my mind began drifting back to...can I really turn this thing around. It wasn't just about going out and bringing in any web designer, it was also about finding the right match.

I was stubborn, yet determined to not give in. I decided to hold true to my belief that what we focus on expands. That we can use the Law of Attraction (from Wikipedia - A more modern consensus among New Thought thinkers is that the Law of Attraction says people's thoughts (both conscious and unconscious) dictate the reality of their lives, whether or not they're aware of it. Essentially "if you really want something and truly believe it's possible, you'll get it", but putting a lot of attention and thought onto something you don't want means you'll probably get that too.) to manifest what we are committed to in our lives.

And just like a character from a Darrell Womack screenplay, I used my superpowers because obviously this idea of attracting what we want into our lives is something that ordinary folk do not have the ability to do.

Or maybe there is something to it, because literally the night after I posted my blog (Can you change your life in one night?) I got a message from David Cosgrove (David Cosgrove Los Angeles Web Design) that he is going to redesign our Night Before the Wedding Website.

I am thrilled and at the same time stunned by the correlation of these events. What do you think? Is there such thing as this 'Law of Attraction?' Do you have any stories like this that you can share?

No comments: